Background

Sunday, June 21, 2009

We can't wait to go back






Yes, we love the beach. Who does not like it? We got close to the beach yesterday. We went swimming over our favorite pool. We like to say its the closest to the beach b/c its a salt water pool, & secluded. At least we feel that way, b/c its the only thing in the backyard. The above picture gives you the idea of being outside w/ a little bit of shade so you can sit under. Well, that was my intention while I created my own shade for about 30 seconds. The umbrella came tumbling sideways exactly at a ninety degree angle. The base completely rusted out!


Today is Fathers Day! I hope many of you out there have many memories like I do on this day. Many times we would be on a camping trip, or at our great grandparents lake house. Today we are heading off to my sisters house for a hamburger cook off. I do need to get busy and make a pasta dish and a dessert!

Early this week we had a first!! We make homemade bruschetta. We used 5 of our home grown tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, pesto, and balsamic vinegar. We also cooked out fresh veggies, and gulf shrimp. I would highly recommend this meal if you are in the mood for something fresh & light.

Well, I do need to clean up, get to the store, and get cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment