Background

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

True Friends

My weekend started Tuesday after a long work stretch of about 10 days. I also played four times last week, so my days and nights did not finish until close to 11pm every day. I really enjoyed last Tuesday's performance. We had a small group out of our Spring season play at the re-grand opening at the Hurst Library. I really enjoyed playing in front of these 3 young ladies. I mean young, they were just starting out playing the flute. This venue was a very big deal for the city. They had media, cameras, and about 200 people were able to get up close and personal to us. At one point in the concert one of the girls asked "What's that?" We then described to her a flute she had never seen...The base flute. We quickly showed her the alto, and the E flat flute. This is why I play.
Also, something big came out of that concert that I will post another day.

So yesterday my tools included a rake, shovel, wheel barrel, and gloves. I played w/weed killer to mortar. I helped lay down lime stone and shovel out a gravel drive. Yes, today my obliques are a bit sore, but after all this is what you do to help out a very dear friend. To be honest I actually enjoyed it. I was reminded of the many projects I was next to w/my dad.
I'm really looking forward to the finish product the Sat. when we go over for a graduation party.

Well, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my weekend night w/my hubby. I work another two days, and have my normal weekend back!
Everyone enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment