Background

Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Peace that Nature Brings


This Sunday morning, my alarm on my phone goes off w/every intention on getting ready to go to church. Something told me I should first go outside and enjoy a fresh breath of air. I did wake up stuffy as our family likes to say! While I was outside I could not just sit the entire time, so I watered our plants & flowers, cleaned off our little patio table and now I'm here w/our new little toy the HP Mini writing to you guys.
Nature has a way w/our bodies & minds to really stop our crazy schedule and take a moment in. First off, I saw one of our rabbits that live close by a bush, out eating this morning. Normally we see our rabbits during the evening time. As I look into the sky I can see hopeful happenings today. All of a sudden I hear an owl, and remember that my mom loves owls. I feel a touch a breeze on my skin, and am reminded of mornings w/my parents on our back patio. Everything is green, clean, and crisp. I recommend this morning that where ever you are in our world take a moment outside to enjoy your surroundings.

Later today we will get to enjoy being w/my family. Allen is cooking steaks, and my mom is cooking baked beans, and corn. Personally it kind of sounds heavy, but I'm going w/it. I'm really looking forward to seeing both my sisters. I have not seen them in quite some time.

Don't forget step outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment