Background

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Am I Stubborn or do I just know what I want

I go back and forth w/ my career as a young 20 something. I have many interests that also partner well with my goals. I have long term goals as many of you do out there. In turn I talk to people and they see my skills, and powerfulness as a business women and here it goes. The famous question, "We are hiring, and would like you to join our team." For a moment I get excited. I see doors opening closer to my dream. Then the first statement following the famous question is, "We can pay you BLANK amount." Wow, of course, you see me, college educated, dependable, does not call in sick, hard working, lots of management years, any screaming, unhappy, happy, crazy customer, make an impact while I'm with your team, etc. I begin saying, "Of course you want me, but you can't afford me."

This is where the stubbornness comes in. The last 3 jobs I've taken, all have been w/ a pay decrease. I chose these jobs b/c I was promised futures. Well things always happen for a reason. So do I take the job opportunity in my near future, or do hold back? I know I've been talking about stubbornness all night, so here it is. Since my last 3 jobs, I've had to make a little less in hopes for a future, I've said for the last two yrs. I refuse on taking another pay cut. I truly believe now, in my young women career I should ask what I'm worth. Do you hear me? I deserve MY opportunity. All the things I've labeled in this blog about me, that comes too.

On another happy note:
Happy Birthday to my sister! I hope you are enjoying your day and night. We will meet up later.
Congrats to a friend on getting engaged in the same city as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment