Background

Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Love to Travel



Allow me to introduce to you my mom. I’m not going anywhere permanently. You will hear from us both throughout this blog. Plus she is much more interesting than little me!

Wow, what a great 2009 start for us. I would highly recommend a ski trip to the mountains to everyone. The experience of learning something new is very rewarding; the view is something you will never forget, and being around great friends soaking in every moment together is something to cherish.


Thanks to all that are here that gave us great tips before we left, and ha-ha to the people that said to not come back with a broken leg. We came back very sore, but wishing to be there tomorrow.


I will say your normal life as you know it changes a bit for a day or two, until you get in a daily grove. We would wake up at 7:00 am to a guy shoveling snow outside our window and the first bus driving of to Copper Mountain. We would get geared up, get a little grub in our stomach, and hop on the next bus to Copper. At 4:00 pm, the slopes close, and then its time to eat.
Skiing is very physical, and I have much respect for the professionals. I would lag behind getting to and from the bus, because you have to keep up with your gear. I was determined to hold on to my stuff despite my size. All of us would say, “Ok, we got our pre walk before the workout!”
We began our experience with lessons which was just ok. I mainly learned the how to of skiing. The second day was a great powder day, but hard for beginners. I would like to say, “Thanks Kaylan, for teaching us the snaking down the mountain.” The third day, we headed back to the bunny slops for more individual learning. We soon graduated to the next slopes called the Lumber Jack. We then met up with Craig & Kaylan for lunch before heading down a green slope that we would be comfortable doing. I would say by then, we were enjoying skiing on the mountain. Later that night, we drove into Breckenridge CO. to celebrate Allen’s birthday. We ate at a place called Kenosha Steakhouse. We also successfully found our first geocach. I’ll touch on this later, but it is a really cool scavenger game that will get you hooked. I only did it for two days, and now I’m looking for a great hand held GPS system. The fourth and final day was fun. We took photos at the top of the mountain, and Kaylan took me on my first blue slope. Craig & Allen split off to do their final run which from what I hear included some moguls! We concluded our ski day with a fabulous night just next door to our hotel. We all went to a newly opened sushi place that was phenomenal. The Frisco smoked trout is to die for!


All in all, I’m very proud of what we both learned together. I can’t wait to go back next year.








1 comment:

  1. You can find out more about geocaching at geocaching.com or texasgeocaching.com. I'm glad you both enjoyed my game... it's so addicting!

    ReplyDelete