Background

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Save, Save, Save

I have a major goal. I've decided to take on a fast for the year. I'm going to take this one month at a time on this to be a success. I'll try to be as detailed as possible and still keep our personal stuff out. I'm going to save as much as possible this month. I came across this article the other day, that has given me more inspiration to save as well as pay off as much debt as possible. She went on a saving fast. I love the idea. I really think I can save the money we need for a down payment and pay off a debt that has really bugged me! I have 2700. to pay off my least credit card. So this month my total goal is 1100. 800 is what rent would have been, 300 will be extra from my next paycheck. Today was a great start, I brought my lunch to work. Last week we only went out once. Also remember in my last post about keeping January "calm". We are doing great. We helped ring in the new year, and went to dinner w/a dear friend. This week will be more eating in, and I'll be finishing a book I've been reading! I know writing this down will keep me on track as well as more committed. I'm going to write down dollar amounts on the calendar to keep me in check. I have an amazing support system next to me too. I'll update each month and tell you how I'm saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment